We grill a lot and Teriyaki Chicken or Pork is one of our favorites. I save time and money by prepping the marinade and freezing it with the meat in the same bag. I can make several bags at once then get one out the night before I plan to make it. When it’s time to make dinner, the meat is ready to go on the grill! This leaves time to prepare the rest of the meal.
- 1 lb. your favorite chicken or pork pieces
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tsp. ginger, ground
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Mix all the ingredients together in a ziploc bag and seal tightly.
- Freeze flat.
- Place bag of meat in the refrigerator the night before you plan to make it.
- Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered with foil.
- Remove foil and baste with marinade.
- Bake another 30-45 minutes until done, unless you are using boneless chicken breasts as they won't take as long to be done.
- Bake pork chops until they register as done on a meat thermometer. Baking time will vary depending on the thickness of the cut.
- To Grill:
- Grill chicken or pork, reserving marinade.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil over medium heat and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve grilled meat with marinade sauce.
This could be served with rice and some fresh fruits or vegetables for a super quick and easy meal.